T-SHIRTS LONDON

London area original t-shirts

London area original t-shirts

Savage London t-shirt were on the pages of the top magazines and news papers since 2000!
You all know that Savage London single handedly put inner London areas on the Fashion map. The media hype and press coverage confirms this readily. This is now some 14 years ago. Since then it has become an all time classic. A must have, if you love our beautiful London Town and all that comes with it.

Since 2000 Savage London is making T-shirts with London Areas. Different shots in press with Savage London t-shirts.
Of course every smart Alek has copied this concept, sometimes cheaper and sometimes more expensive. But none are like the way we do it at Savage London. Authentic, real and we mean it. The quality of the product and printing has always been superior, this much is for sure.
It started off with DALSTON& HACKNEY. The reasons were simple. I came across some lads/yoofs who were wearing Brooklyn and Bronx shirts. I got talking with them and asked them if they liked it in the Big Apple. They both replied:  “aaah naaah. We’re from Hackney mate. It’s just something cool to wear”... I made sure I had their numbers. So I thought what the hell is wrong with wearing Hackney or Dalston?  I mean if you want to promote and wear a deprived area in New York, then at least wear your own area. Something you know and understand. I made the samples and called them back to come and have a look. They looked. They connected. They loved and they bought. Job done. I lived in Dalston myself when I was a student. At one point I was even squatting in Clapton. God awful experience. Then I thought, we cannot leave Brixton out of this. I never did Westminster or Kensington. Just refused any queries or orders. I did do Soho & Covent Garden though, a bit later, as they were areas that had some significance in the London Urban History.
These ideas came through hanging around a set of people one had “tea” with! And some nights were quite expensive. Of course I had to do the London accent print with Joe Cat, who modelled for me on a few shows, and then became a bit of a super model in his own right. So we agreed that South London should read as Souwf London. And North London should be Norf London. In my state of stooper I realised that we have banged it on the nail again.

London area prints on t-shirt, zip hoodie, sweatshirt - original products from Savage London.
So this is the long & short of it. How the London Area designs came to be and why. If you live in this amazing City and you don’t have one, then you need to get one right now, from  http://www.savagelondon.com/T-Shirts_Local-London-Areas

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Savage London. Designed by OddThemes